October 6 – Weekly Recap of All Things Digital Rebar and RackN
Welcome to the weekly post of the RackN blog recap of all things Digital Rebar, RackN, SRE, and DevOps. If you have any ideas for this recap or would like to include content please contact us at email@example.com or tweet Rob (@zehicle) or RackN (@rackngo)
Items of the Week
RackN Beta Program Launch
Operating hardware is too hard today. And too expensive. Let’s fix that.
The problem with physical ops is not that it’s hard, complex or fragile. Okay, it is and those ARE problems, but they are compounded by the lack of shared management software and practices missing from this layer. When the RackN team set out to solve these physical challenges, we knew the software had to be very focused to replace the current Cobbler and Foreman environments. It also had to be flexible and composable for heterogeneous environments or we’d be right back into snowflake custom DevOps.
We’re talking about a platform that finally addresses full lifecycle control at the hardware layer with open software. That’s complex stuff automated in a reusable way.
Next Week – Digital Rebar Community Meetup #2
October 10 at 11:00am PST
Proposed outline agenda:
- Welcome and recap from v001 meetup
- demo: Kubernetes deployment via DRP / packet.net
- demo: Injecting passwords and SSH keys
- demo: Content Loading – demo and information
- Weekly / or every-other-weekly meetups? https://www.meetup.com/digitalrebar/polls/1255504/
- Release planning and features for v3.2.0
More Information at https://www.meetup.com/digitalrebar/events/243490128/
New Digital Rebar Provision Videos:
- RackN Workflows for Digital Rebar Provision
- Kubernetes via Ansible Kubespray on Digital Rebar Provision
Rob Hirschfeld and Greg Althaus are preparing for a series of upcoming events where they are speaking or just attending. If you are interested in meeting with them at these events please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DevOps Summit – Oct 31 – Nov 2: Rob Hirschfeld Talk
- CloudNativeCon + KubeCon – Dec 8 : Zero Configuration Pattern of Kubernetes on Bare Metal
If you are attending any of these events please reach out to Rob Hirschfeld to setup time to learn more about our solutions or discuss the latest industry trends.